This course consists of a two hour session, every Tuesday morning for four weeks. From Tuesday 20th February until Tuesday 12th March 2024. 10:30am - 12:30pm.
Over this four-week course I will guide you through the basics of throwing on the potters wheel. We will cover the techniques for throwing a range of different shaped vessels as well as trimming and finishing your pieces.
This course is a great way to get a good understanding of wheel-throwing or to improve your existing skills.
- Maximum of 4 people per class (needs a minimum of 3 to run) – you will have a wheel each
- Four week course. Sessions are two hours long.
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with some experience
- Small class numbers means lots of one-on-one attention with everyone able to work at their own speed.
- We will cover throwing and turning. We will not be covering glazing – your pots will be glazed for you from a selection of my glazes after the course.
- A total of four pots per person per course can be fired and glazed. Additional pots can be fired at an additional cost. The aim of this course is to practise and refine skills rather than produce lots of finished pieces.
Lessons Terms & Conditions
My studio is at the bottom of my garden. It is accessed by a slope and some steps which may not be suitable if you have mobility issues. Please get in touch if you are unsure.
Firing your work
I try my best to have all work fired and finished within 6-7 weeks of your lesson. However it occasionally does take longer so your patience is appreciated.
It is unlikely, but occasionally a piece of work may be lost due to glaze running, cracking or explosions in the kiln. I do my best to minimise this risk but this is the nature of ceramics and sometimes it does happen.
All clay, glazes and firing costs are included in the price of your lesson. Courses include four glazed and fired pots per session.
Lesson bookings and vouchers are non-refundable.
Cancellation with at least 7 days notice – I will try to rebook your slot. If I am able to rebook it I will issue you with a credit note minus a £10 administration fee.
Cancellation with less than 7 days notice – I am afraid I am unable to offer a credit note.