**LESSONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING HELD IN A TEMPORARY STUDIO IN MY HOME. NEW STUDIO COMING (HOPEFULLY!!) IN 2023**
EVER FANCIED HAVING A GO YOURSELF?
I hold fun, informal lessons in my studio near Croydon in South London. These sessions are designed to give you a taste of the potter's wheel and you'll create your own masterpieces to keep!
- Suitable if you are a complete beginner or have some previous pottery experience.
- Lessons run from January to October (I do not hold lessons during November or December).
- Learn how to make your own vases, bowls and mugs.
- Lessons are 2 hours long and take place on weekday evenings, weekday daytime and Saturday mornings.
- For one or two people – benefit from the one to one attention of a private lesson, or share a fun experience with a friend.
- Gift vouchers available – treat someone you love with a pottery lesson (see link below)
- Over 16s only
- Prices start from £99 for a two hour session for one person.
- Your chosen finished pieces will be fired and posted out to you.
HERE'S WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID...
"A really special and enjoyable experience... I'm amazed at what my friend and I were able to make and how well everything turned out."
- Isabelle, lesson for her and a friend.
"My time with Hilda flew by and I learned so much in the session; how to properly centre the clay and step-by-step instruction on pulling the clay up into a simple pot."
- Steph, private lesson.
“My son and I had a great time, the lesson flew by. We were able to create a few masterpieces even though it was our very first time. Looking forward to seeing how our bits turn out once fired.”
- Peter, lesson for himself and his son.
“I can honestly not recommend Hilda enough. She’s the most encouraging, passionate and patient teacher, and the experience is so unbelievably satisfying. I cannot believe how much I learned in such a short space of time, and I have the proof of it in all the different ceramics I had delivered after they’d been fired! It’s worth every penny.”
- Amy, lesson for her and a friend.
READY TO BOOK? BOOK ME IN!
If you find that there are no slots available then my sessions are currently fully booked. I release a few month's lessons at a time and if you would like to know as soon as they go on sale, you can sign up to my mailing list via the homepage.
Lesson bookings and vouchers are non-refundable.
If for some reason you are no longer able to attend your lesson please get in touch as as soon as possible. If you let me know more than 7 days before your lesson, I will try and fill your slot. If I am able to fill your slot I will issue you with a credit note minus a £10 administration fee. If your lesson is 7 days or less away then I'm afraid I cannot offer a credit note.
Yes! This is the advantage of a private lesson, so please do get in touch if there's a particular skill you want to practise or technique you want to try.
I am a 10 minute walk from Sanderstead railway station or a 15 minute walk from Purley Oaks railway station. If you are coming by car there is free, unrestricted parking outside.
Clay is a messy business so I recommend clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. I would also recommend nails are cut short and long hair is tied back. Aprons will be provided.