EVER FANCIED HAVING A GO YOURSELF?
I hold fun, informal lessons from my garden studio near Croydon in South London. These sessions are designed to give you a taste of the potter's wheel and you'll create your own masterpieces to keep!
- Suitable if you are a complete beginner or have some previous pottery experience.
- Learn how to make your own vases, bowls and mugs.
- Available as a one-off experience or a series of three lessons.
- Lessons are 2 hours long and can take place in the evenings or during the weekend.
- For one or two people – benefit from the one to one attention of a private lesson, or share a fun experience with a friend.
- Gift vouchers available – treat someone you love with a pottery lesson (see link below)
- Over 16s only
- Your chosen finished pieces will be fired and posted out to you.
I have put a number of precautions in place to limit the risk where possible, including the wearing of face coverings, extensive cleaning in-between sessions and doors and windows kept open.
If the situation changes and I am unable to offer lessons for a period of time then your booking will be postponed to a later date. I will always endeavour to be as flexible as possible in these changing times.
HERE'S WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID...
"A really special and enjoyable experience... I'm amazed at what my friend and I were able to make and how well everything turned out."
- Isabelle , one-off lesson for her a friend.
"My time with Hilda flew by and I learned so much in the session; how to properly centre the clay and step-by-step instruction on pulling the clay up into a simple pot."
- Steph, series of three lessons.
“My son and I had a great time, the lesson flew by. We were able to create a few masterpieces even though it was our very first time. Looking forward to seeing how our bits turn out once fired.”
- Peter, one-off lesson for himself and his son.
“I can honestly not recommend Hilda enough. She’s the most encouraging, passionate and patient teacher, and the experience is so unbelievably satisfying. I cannot believe how much I learned in such a short space of time, and I have the proof of it in all the different ceramics I had delivered after they’d been fired! It’s worth every penny.”
- Amy, series of three lessons for her and friend.
READY TO BOOK?
Yes! This is the advantage of a private lesson, so please do get in touch if there's a particular skill you want to practise or technique you want to try.
I am a 10 minute taxi ride from East Croydon railway station or a 20 minute walk from Sanderstead railway station. If you are coming by car there is free, unrestricted parking outside.
Clay is a messy business so I recommend clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. I would also recommend nails are cut short. Aprons will be provided.