** Lessons for 2021 are now sold out. If you would like to be informed when dates for 2022 become available, then please sign up to my mailing list on the homepage. Thank you so much for your interest! **
EVER FANCIED HAVING A GO YOURSELF?
I hold fun, informal lessons from my garden studio near Croydon in South London. These sessions are designed to give you a taste of the potter's wheel and you'll create your own masterpieces to keep!
- Suitable if you are a complete beginner or have some previous pottery experience.
- Lessons run from January to September (I do not hold lessons during October, November or December).
- Learn how to make your own vases, bowls and mugs.
- Lessons are 2 hours long and can take place in the evenings or during the weekend.
- For one or two people – benefit from the one to one attention of a private lesson, or share a fun experience with a friend.
- Gift vouchers available – treat someone you love with a pottery lesson (see link below)
- Over 16s only
- Your chosen finished pieces will be fired and posted out to you.
HERE'S WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID...
"A really special and enjoyable experience... I'm amazed at what my friend and I were able to make and how well everything turned out."
- Isabelle , one-off lesson for her a friend.
"My time with Hilda flew by and I learned so much in the session; how to properly centre the clay and step-by-step instruction on pulling the clay up into a simple pot."
- Steph, series of three lessons.
“My son and I had a great time, the lesson flew by. We were able to create a few masterpieces even though it was our very first time. Looking forward to seeing how our bits turn out once fired.”
- Peter, one-off lesson for himself and his son.
“I can honestly not recommend Hilda enough. She’s the most encouraging, passionate and patient teacher, and the experience is so unbelievably satisfying. I cannot believe how much I learned in such a short space of time, and I have the proof of it in all the different ceramics I had delivered after they’d been fired! It’s worth every penny.”
- Amy, series of three lessons for her and friend.
Yes! This is the advantage of a private lesson, so please do get in touch if there's a particular skill you want to practise or technique you want to try.
I am a 10 minute taxi ride from East Croydon railway station or a 20 minute walk from Sanderstead railway station. If you are coming by car there is free, unrestricted parking outside.
Clay is a messy business so I recommend clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. I would also recommend nails are cut short and long hair is tied back. Aprons will be provided.